Here are four big things you need to know — and a handful of things you need to do — to protect your compounded hormone patients.
Here are four big things you need to know —
and a handful of things you need to do —
to protect your compounded hormone patients.
1. Read (and share) the Berkeley white paper
We knew the NASEM report on compounded hormones was flawed, but now it’s officially been debunked thanks to an independent, non-partisan, third-party review by the Berkeley Research Group (BRG), commissioned by the Pharmacy Compounding Foundation.
Two things you should do:
- Read the 42-page paper, The Panel Put Policy-Making Before Patient Need: An Independent Analysis of the FDA-Commissioned NASEM Report (or the two-page summary), and you’ll see how FDA manipulated the process to get the report it wanted, rather than letting the science speak for itself.
- Share the report or the summary with the prescribers you work with, and urge them to support APC’s campaign to protect compounded hormones.
2. Send your patients to Compounding.com (to tell their stories)
We’ve launched Compounding.com, a new website showcasing for policymakers the value of compounded hormone therapy. The site is the pace to send your patients to share their compounded hormone stories, which are archived on the site and viewable by state. And after those patients share their testimonial, they can send a message to their members of Congress asking them to protect compounded hormones.
3. Use these in-store (and more) tools to tell the cBHT story
We need your help to get the message not only to your patients, but to the prescribers you work with as well — not just that compounded hormones are threatened, but that we need their stories if we’re going to protect them.
That’s why we’ve created a bunch of great members-only resources you can use – in-store, on social media, and with prescribers – to help get the word out about the threat to compounded hormones. You’ll find them all through our cBHT campaign support page. (Hint: Click and bookmark it!)
- Rack cards and bag stuffers
- Graphics for social media
- Sample letters for patients and prescribers
Go to our cBHT campaign support page, download, copy, print, order — and use them to share the threat to cBHT with your patients, the prescribers you work with, and your representatives.
4. Be a part of the one percent solution
Saving compounded hormone therapy is the biggest initiative in APC’s history. The campaign is expected to cost about $1.5 million — including design, website, photography and video production, and of course the placing of targeted ads across the country to get the message to policymakers.
We’ve raised about $900,000 of the needed funding. That’s the good news. But we are still about $600,000 short of the funds we’ll need, and if we don’t raise that amount by June, all bets are off.
Here’s the ask: Some of you made an initial investment in the campaign late last year. Thank you. But if we may be so bold: We need more.
Consider investing just one percent of the value of your cBHT business — a tiny fraction. Make a one-time investment or spread it out as a monthly contribution. And don’t forget to lean on the vendors who supply your pharmacy or facility. They need to have some skin in the game, too — but many have not yet given.
Help us fund this effort. Please contribute to help save cBHT — and the other 99 percent of your business. And share that link with your vendors.
Because together is the only way we’ll save compounded hormone therapy.